Attending your appointment via video
NHSAA South Ayrshire Childrens Health Services
Where appropriate, you can attend your consultation online via a video call. Video calling is as convenient as a phone call, with the added value of face-to-face communication.
It can save you time and money, and brings your care closer to home.
How to make a video call: Download Flyer
Where do I go to attend my appointment?
Instead of travelling to your appointment, you enter the clinic’s online waiting area. The health service is notified when you arrive, and your clinician will join you when ready.
There is no need to create an account. No information you enter is stored.
What do I need to make a video call?
- A good connection to the internet If you can watch a video online (e.g. YouTube) you can make a video call.
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
- Web-camera, speakers and microphone already built into laptops or mobile devices
One of these:
- Google Chrome web browser on a desktop or laptop, or on an Android tablet or smartphone
- Safari web browser on an Apple iMac, MacBook, iPad, or iPhone
Is it secure?
Video calls are secure; your privacy is protected. You have your own private video room that only authorised clinicians can enter.
How much internet data will I use?
You don’t use any data while waiting for a clinician to join you. An Attend Anywhere video call uses a similar amount of data to Skype® or FaceTime®.
How much does a video call cost?
The video call is free (except for your internet usage).
Smartphone and tablet users
If you can, connect to a home or work Wi-Fi network to avoid using your mobile data allowance.
Please note: The practice is closed from 1.00pm – 1.45pm Every Wednesday for staff training.
Out of Hours
Out of hours care is provided by NHS 24
Please note this is for urgent and emergency problems only.
We offer early and late surgeries during the week please ask the receptionist for appointment availability
Call: 01292 264 260
Fax: 01292 292 160
Fullarton Medical Practice
40 Dalblair Road
Ayr, KA7 1UL